AGASC Is Proud to Present
Colortastic!! Glass Mosaic Assemblage
A Four Day Workshop By
Kéké Cribbs and Alicia Lomné
April 26-29, 2024
Sold Out !*
Photos provided by Kéké Cribbs
Alicia Lomné and her mother Kéké Cribbs will be teaching students the unique techniques they are known for! This class will be a unique approach to creating mosaic assemblages with pâte de verre and vitreous enamel components to use in their final piece.
Alicia will use small format tile to teach powdered glass design, color layering, and tamping techniques. Pieces will be open faced and fully fused so they can later be cut up or cold worked easily to include into the final mosaic. Alecia will also provide notes covering any processes they do not cover in the class.
Kéké will teach her distinctive methods of transferring drawings to glass. She will then demonstrate the use of Tracing Black for patterning, sgraffito, layering color, using firings to build color, and the use of alkyd paints.
The final day of class, the aim is to create the glass mosaic assemblage which will be mounted to a hardboard frame, and then grouted. The hope is to leave class with a finished wall piece!
Photos provided by Alicia Lomné
- The dates of the workshop are April 26-29, 2024 10:00am - 5:00pm
- The cost of the workshop is $895.00-members $1,095.00-non-members (Pay below)
- The workshop will be for the first 8 students who register and pay the fees
- The workshop will be held at Tom Marosz Studio 606 Concepcion Avenue Spring Valley, CA 91977
- All materials furnished. You may want to bring a notepad and pen with you
- If you cannot afford this workshop, we have scholarships available at the "scholarships" page for which you can apply.
IF YOU CANCEL: Students who cancel 14 or more days prior to the start date will receive a refund of the class fee. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior will be refunded only if we are able to fill the student’s space. We make no exceptions to this policy.
IF AGASC CANCELS: In the unlikely event that we cancel a class due to low enrollment, those who have registered will receive a full refund. Whenever possible, cancellations are made at least one week prior to the start of class. If a class is cancelled, we are not responsible for reimbursing travel costs or other reservation fees.
*If you want to be put on a waitlist for the workshop, in case we have a cancelation, email Jon Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Award - Workshop